Health, Wealth, Relationships,
Career & Spirituality
Cooking to Lose Weight
Cooking Low Calorie Meals to Lose Weight: 20 Tips
1. Use nonstick cooking spray for your stir fries and baking.
2. If you have to use oil, choose canola oil which is good fat with low fat content.
3. Heat your pan before you add oil, that way you will use a smaller amount of oil.
4. Use only extra-lean meats and skinless poultry.
5. You can buy the ordinary meat and poultry and remove the excess fat. It is much cheaper doing so.
6. Bake, stir fry (in small amounts of oil or nonstick spray), poach, grill , broil, steam or microwave (without oil or butter) your food instead of deep frying. Lower fat content helps in cooking to lose weight .
7. Drain excess fat from your dishes (meat) after cooking in a rack.
8. Use soy, lentils, beans and other legumes as your healthy protein. They are also high in fiber.
9. Use more white meat (chicken or turkey) than red meat.
10. Use more egg-whites than yolks in your baking.
11. Eat more grilled fish in your diet instead of red meat.
12. Use fat-free milk in you cooking and baking .
13. Baked potatoes are healthier and lower in fat content than French fries.
14. Reduce the amount of salt in your diet.
15. Plain yoghurt is a good substitute for cream.
16. Add more soluble fiber in your stews and baking.
17. Learn to read food labels in order to buy the low fat alternatives .
18. Cook fewer pots in order to have minimal fat content. If you have a big pot of mixed vegetables, you use a smaller amount of fat than when you use different pans.
19. Use whole grain ingredients instead of refined or even whole-wheat. Mix your flours (wheat with rye).
20. Always serve with generous amounts of a vegetable salad.
from Cooking to Lose Weight to homepage
SUBSCRIBE TO FREE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE
What Others Say!!!Your site is an answer to a prayer right now. I feel like I've been on the phone for about 3 months listening to the recording "please press 4 to reach the ??? department". You know that feeling when you finally hear a 'REAL' person on the other end of the phone - you're my real person. Thank you for being there.
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?
| Homepage | Our Shop | Our Book | Advertise |
Information given in this site is advice and is not medical consultation.